YTL (Youth at the Threshold of Life) has been a world-wide success for several years now, and like Story of the Soul (SotS), started in Hungary. It has been reaching students and teachers with the Gospel in the hundreds. Maybe even thousands. Through it, CCC has been able to train teachers to use the JESUS Film as a means to teach students in classes about the historical facts of the Gospel. Now, SotS and YTL met for the first time. Dave Robinson, the brain behind BOTH outreaches held a SotS session at the YTL teachers' symposium last night.
Here is his report:
"The Story of the Soul at the Youth at the Threshold of Life (YTL) was historic. I wanted to pass on a couple of highlights.
* three believers, key leaders in Church Planting and Reform Churches
ABSOLUTELY loved Story of the Soul. I invited them to come to the training.
They are thrilled and so am I.
* One 25 year old, hip long-hair, educator from Sopron came up to me today
at the close of YTL and said he loved Story of the Soul and would like to be
resourced. He will LOVE what you all are doing. He was so enthusiastic I
thought him to be a believer so I asked him. He said, ³No. Not yet. But
the whole thing touched me deep in my heart.² Later I found out that Matt
Jackson shared Christ with him the night before.
* Out of the 329 there, 155 passed back to us a comment card and 16 of them
prayed to receive Christ.
* One 60 year old woman said, ³I have been to many training sessions in my
life some for drug prevention, some for the mental health of our students.
It was good. Like here, methodology was stressed. The traditional
trainings, however, are missing something badly needed and I did not know it
until this weekend. It is missing your added dimension. YTL has a strength
and insight into what matters most and offers great help. The values, the
character development, the tools for building friendships and our students
self-worth are wonderful. And I will tell you why. It has been prepared by
love. It is filled through and through with love. I am so grateful to all of you for this.²
Our Multimedia team has been working on taking SotS to yet another level. We have brought in a young designer Phil Konya to help us with the project. We are completely redesigning the SotS training package. Part of it will be an interactive training CD and a DVD full of short clips to help learning about, planning and executing a SotS session. It is already looking great. The CD is planned to be completed beginning of May and the DVD in September. We are looking forward to how it is going to be used by God in the coming months. Please continue to pray for SotS!
Kalman
No comments:
Post a Comment