
What is the Story of the Soul? What does the Soul of Man truly long even cry out for?
These were the questions behind Hungarian Campus Ministry's weekly outreach that began the previous semester as a result of the Student Survival Kit distribution I wrote to you about earlier! It has been going on for about 6 months every week with a special monthly meeting. Story of the Soul (SotS) takes a topical and artistic approach in helping people to start thinking about God and the meaning of life using poems, paintings, popular songs, movie clips, stories and of course Bible stories and messages as the highlight of the meetings. Attendance is about 25 students average. At the SotS, 5-10 people have given their lives to Christ and are being discipled as a result since September 2004.
I personally have been involved in SotS ever since the beginning and continue to get involved more and more. Given my area of expertise in multimedia I provide technical assistance in running the sound, video and presentations so the program is as seamless as possible. In other words, my job is to make sure all the technical stuff remains a blessing and does not become a distraction to the real focus of the SotS. Of course it also involves a lot of research and preparation I also help with, like finding and preparing film clips, images and songs as well as getting slide presentations ready. I really enjoy doing this kind of ministry and I also get the occasional chance of talking to students about Jesus. I have made some friends and overall it has been wonderful seeing God work amazingly!
OH, Yes, before I forget...there is one more VERY important thing about Story of the Soul...a reason why I am also extremely thankful for this outreach...well, I am sorry, but you are just going to have to read on to find that one out...;)
No comments:
Post a Comment