Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hope worth having

Julcsi’s grandmother was 92 years old. She was amazingly alert despite her age and the fact that she’s been sick for a few years, loosing her memory. The first time I saw her I introduced myself to her six times, because she would forget me completely. After a few months she remembered me even when I was gone. The doctors said this is unusual, but she remembered me. They also said it is possible that she would remember old memories, but could not remember new ones. What amazed me was that every time we sang some old hymns, she would remember the words of all of them! Every time we prayed her speech was very clear and understandable. She has been a believer since she was a child. She’s been living with Julcsi and her mother since last summer. They have been taking care of her. She went to be with the Lord the 25th of July, and I had the privilege of attending the funeral. It sounds a bit strange to say this, but the days with Julcsi’s family around the funeral was a great time. We had lots of laughter and remembrance of her life. I only knew her for about 7 months, but still had wonderful memories with her. The time with her family brought to my mind 1 Corinthians 15:54-55. She was a believer and served the Lord all her life. We have such hope that assures us that she is indeed with our Father and such hope is worth having.

No comments: