Friday, October 29, 2004

Let's talk Projects 1 - The Idea

Well here we go. I will try to give you a brief summary of the big picture of why I do what I do. It is far from exhaustive, but gets the point through. I work with a Media Team in Hungary that is called to serve 18 countries in our area: Eastern Europe and Russia.
We use and try to master Audio/Video, Print and the Internet.
Our long term goal is to start up Multimedia Centers in each of our countries so that they would be able to serve their own ministries' multimedia needs to further the Gospel of our Lord Jesus.
We believe that communication is vital to evangelization, teaching, decipleship and recruiting. No need to explain that, right? :) Well, communication has different elements, and we see visual communication (I'll just call it VC from now on) as one of the most important ways, conduits of communication. As a matter of fact I see our generation clearly becoming more responsive to VC than any other way of communication. It is becoming more effective than any other. Thus, we have to (learn to) communicate visually the most important message in the world worth communicating - the Gospel - in a way that they will understand and be able to respond to it. From raising spiritual awareness through film through printed Bible study/teaching materials to online downloadable sermons, we want to be creative
and effective for God's glory!

In other words, we want to MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD!

No comments: