Thursday, October 28, 2004

Time?

I bet many of you have been wondering what I actually do on a day to day basis. Well, that is a great question I've been dying to answer for some time, but it seems time always runs ahead of me and I try to catch up. Once, many years ago I read a great little devotion. I want to share with you what I remember from it. God keeps bringing it back to my mind, when I get annoyed with time. I mean, honestly, we never seem to get used to time and are most of the time frustrated by it. Precisely, how little time we seem to have, how fast time always goes, and how much we enjoy the seemingly timless moments, when we can just rest and not "do" much. Why is that? Why do we take great joy and pleasure when we have some "free" time to sit down and spend time with our loved ones, read our favourite book or magazine, listen to some music, engage in our hobby, or watch a movie we like? We never seem to get used to time, but feel so much at home in its seeming absence (or its abundance?). Well, all of this may not be an evidence, but may be a strong suggestion that we were not created for time, but for the timeless, meaning eternal. It is good for me to remember that as I go about my days...

No comments: