Saturday, October 09, 2004

„What...life could be like with Him”

Zsolt
Zsolt and I walked out of the castle to the garden. It was dark and the air was dry, but the weather was cool. He just approached me 5 minutes before. He wanted to talk to me. This was Zsolt’s fifth IM camp. This Evangelistic English Language camp is a yearly partnership with my E-free church and a ministry I used to work with, International Messengers. I met Zsolt when he was 15 and I’d known him for 4 years. I had shared the Gospel with him many times over the past years. „I have not been ready and I see that now” were his words as we sat down on a wooden bench under a lamppost. „I have been living without God, but I don’t want to live without Him anymore. I tried to change myself, but the more I tried, the more I failed. I asked Him to change me, to show me what my life could be like with Him. He did. He made me capable of things I had never been capable of. Like loving those I did not and becoming inexplicably selfless with anyone. He did all I asked for. I have no more excuses or questions left. I am ready to ask Him to come into my life.” I sat there and witnessed the Lord bringing a lost sheep home before my eyes. That is the greatest miracle of all and it was all His work. It always is. I am just privileged to be close enough to witness it.

No comments: